Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is a large part of SEO and is the most effective and least expensive way of marketing your products or services. The first step of this process is to write blog articles explaining how your products can help people in their everday lives which will help you target specific search keywords. Let’s say a visitor is searching on a social media site for sports injuries, then write your article explaining how your services or products can help with this. Or you might specialize in holistic medicine so each of your articles would target different types of illnesses.
Your social media articles should have blow out of the water quality SEO content people are looking for. There is no doubt videos have the capability to show your products in action compared to just text. Many people either have limited time or short attention span so I recommend embedding a Youtube video below your article text. Keep your video marketing to around 3 to 5 minutes and the first 30 seconds must grab the visitor’s attention. The output format of your videos should be MPEG-4 AVCHD 1920 x 1080 en encoded with H.264 codec which Adobe Premiere will do quite nicely.
If your social media marketing article has great quality content, visitors will share it and their followers as well increasing the visibility of your products exponentially. To keep visitors returning to your social media site frequently, write new articles on a regular basis.
Posting your articles on different Google+ communities can dramatically increase your product exposure to people around the world. Below are some social media sites you can post your articles:
- Setup a Facebook business page
- Setup a Google business page
- Create boards and pins on Pinterest
- Blogspot.com is owned by Google and a great place to post your articles – create a different URL for each article
- WordPress.com is one of the oldest and most popular social media sites
- Tumblr is owned by Yahoo and has over 248 million blogs
- Linkedin is a business social networking site since 2003 and has approximately 75 million visitors per month
- Youtube was purchased by Google for $1.65 billion dollars and has over 1 billion visitors per month. If your videos are SEO optimized correctly, they can show up on Google search results.
- Dailymotion.com is Google’s competitor which allows for longer videos at 60 minutes with a resolution up to 1280 x 720
- Frequency.com is basically a video database where you can submit your video URL’s from Youtube or Dailymotion
Writing informative and engaging articles for your social media pages is definitely the way to go for content marketing. One thing Google frowns upon is plagiarism so write articles in your own words to alleviate the possible of your blogs being penalized on searches.